There really is a best time to blog? If you are an active blogger and you maintain your business’s blog you may have noticed that depending on the day and the time of day you get better results in the form of comments and visits. There really is a best time to blog.
Posting during high-activity hours (day time)
- Pros: More visitors, comments, and engagement
- Cons: Less visibility and higher bounce rate due to from competition from other posts.
Posting during low-activity hours (night time)
- Pros: More visibility to less competition
- Cons: Fewer visitors and comments
Looks like we need to find a good balance. Check out the info graphic below (curtesy of KissMetrics) to get a nice visual understanding of when the right time to… and maybe more importantly when not to blog.
The Take away
- The highest percentage of users read blogs in the morning.
- A higher percentage of men read blogs in the evening and at night.
- Most blogs get the most traffic on Monday.
- Most blogs get the most traffic around 11am Eastern Time.
- Most blogs get the most comments on Saturday.
- Most blogs get the most inbound links on Monday and Thursday.
- Most blogs get the most inbound links at 7am Eastern Time.